Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Japan 2023 Day 8 Tokyo Tower and TeamLab


Day 8 Tuesday July 4th Tokyo Tower and TeamLab.  I made an effort to go for a morning run for each of my last four mornings in Tokyo.  It so happened that I found a 4 mile loop around my hotel area in Asakasa that has a slight uphill during the first mile and a gradual return route.  I jogged by the Harry Potter Cafe and found a nice shopping center nearby called The Biz Building.




At Tokyo Station, I wanted buy both an inscribed Suica Card and a Welcome Card as souvenirs for myself.  But the JR East Service Center was already packed early in the morning.  I also tried to do a tour of the Imperial Palace.  I later found out that they only host 150 people.  By the time I arrived at 8:50am, the capacity had already been met for the 9:30am tour.  I did not mind it much, it was a hot day, I returned to Tokyo Station to walk around the shops.




I decided to tour the Tokyo Tower, it was an impressive structure modeled after the Paris Eiffel Tower.












I went all the way to the top deck.  It was a worthwhile trip since I didn't do any building tops at Osaka.  Afterwards, I had a wonderful meal at a Japan Yoshinoya, it was definitely superior to the ones in the U.S.



Back at Shibuya, I visited the Hachiko Statue and walked to the Parco Center.











For the evening, since I didn't have other plans, I decided to give TeamLab a try.  It was an unique exhibit.  Walking into water is a clever guest engagement.













Capped off the night with another dipping noodle experience.  While I didn't do as much on this day compared to other days, I had to get ready for a day trip to Yokohama the following day.


No comments: