Thursday, July 13, 2023

Japan 2023 Day 3 Asakusa and Osaka


Day 3 Thursday 6/29/2023 Tokyo Asakusa, Sensoji Temple, Osaka.  Day 3 was a travel day, leaving Tokyo and heading to Osaka via Shinkansen.  The morning was used to explore Asakusa and visit the Sensoji Temple.  I was early and arrived before any of the shops were open on Nakamise-dori Street.  















The adjacent garden had a nice waterfall, statues, and shrines.  






This was a neat standing noodle shop in the undergrounds.




Higashi-Mukojima Station has a Tobu Museum with rail trains exhibits.  But again, I was too early and had to check out of my hotel before it is open.



Instead, I walked around and found this traditional bakery for breakfast with fresh bread.


I roamed around the Skytree area a bit more before leaving Tokyo on my way to Osaka.



Tried a self served smoothie at a 7-11.



The small and comfortable ONE@Tokyo hotel.


The 11:10am Shinkansen took under three hours to go from Shinagawa to Shin-Osaka.


Ekiben are bento boxes that you can buy from the stations and eat on the Shinkansen




Moxy Osaka Shin Umeda was trendy, the room was large, nice and clean.  I took my brother-in-laws recommendation and stayed there for four nights.


I walked to Dojima underground shops to a less tourist-centered area.  The dipping noodle was great, I was a large and it was too much food.


Shinsaibashi-Suji Shopping Street and the Dotonbori Glico Sign attracted large crowds.











Along side of Fukushima Station was lots of restaurants and bars.







No comments: