Monday, July 17, 2023

Japan 2023 Day 7 Sumiyoshi & Shibuya


Day 7 Monday July 2nd Sumiyoshi in Osaka to Shibuya in Tokyo.  I wanted to take advantage of my last morning here in Osaka.  I took a train ride to Sumiyoshitaisha to visit the Sumiyoshi Shrine.  While the shrine was a nice attraction, I was more interested in the discovery of the tram system here.  










I had to ride these retro trams.  After a few stations, I was at Abikomichi.  I roamed around this area, watching parents take their kids to school.  It was also here that I shopped at one of my favorite food shops to buy a bento box and onigiri triangles.













It was time to leave Osaka.  I took the 12:48p to 3:42pm Shinkansen back to Tokyo.  I arrived at my last of three hotels at Hotel Risveglio Akasaka.  While the hotel and room was the least favorite, it was conveniently located near both train and subway stations.  




In the afternoon, I explored the Shibuya Crossing and walked a long way to the Harajuku area and Takeshita Street where trendy shops are located.  






There's still a Tower Records building here in Shibuya.



As recommended in many guide books, a good place to view the Shibuya Crossing is on the second floor of the adjacent Starbucks.  I also had a bowl of ramen at a nearby shop.

No comments: