Friday, July 14, 2023

Japan 2023 Day 4 Osaka Castle, Kuromon Ichiba Market, Denden Town


Day 4 Friday June 30th: Osaka Castle, Osaka Station, Den Den Town, and Shuttle House.  I started early again with a breakfast at Pinokio Cafe.  The coffee and the presentation of the breakfast were great.  There was too much sauce on the items, however.  I was at the Osaka Castle about 30 minutes before it opened, so I roamed around the area and saw a store called Running Base.  It provides local runners with a place to shower and change.











After visiting the castle, I headed to find the Shitennoji Temple.  It was a short visit since it started to rain a bit.  











I roamed back to the Kuromon Ichiba Market to try some street food.












There were a lot to look at on every street corner.  Later, I made my way to Osaka Station.  It was there where I got lost a bit in terms of finding a store within the major station hub.  I wanted to find the Nintendo Store, which was on one of the top floors.  




Like most of my days in Japan, I would go back to my hotel room for a quick shower and snack before heading out again.  This afternoon, I headed toward the Nipponbashi Denden Town to look at electronics, toys, and collectibles.





I was able to find the 2nd Super Potato, it was a bit roomier than the one in Tokyo Akihabara.  I saw a street full of kitchen and restaurant supplies.  As I continue to walk, I made my way back to the Namba Station area.  I walked up a plaza center which appears to be either a movie theater or a comedy show.  Across the street is where my friend Ben told me about Shuttle House.  They moved just to the building across a parking lot.  It was a store with badminton supplies and goods.







Before returning to the hotel, I walked around the next station stop Noda.  It was there that I found a nicer supermarket where I can buy some fresh dinner and groceries for the rest of my stay in Osaka.


No comments: