Thursday, July 20, 2023

Japan 2023 Day 10 Imperial Palace


Day 10 Thursday July 6th Imperial Palace, Meiji Jingu, Midtown.  On the last full day in Tokyo, I slowed down a bit.  I went for another run in the humid region before I made a second attempt to visit the Imperial Palace.  I think I was within the first 100 visitors in line by 8:45am, so I waited and was given a pass and a form to fill out.  By 9:30am the group was granted access.  The outdoor tour was led by an experienced and enthusiastic guide.  The tour ended in about an hour, which was more than enough since it was a hot day.








I took a break at the Tokyo Station Ramen Street.



Meiji Jingu was a nice site on this warm day.  The trail to the shrine was well shaded.  Since entry was free, I purchased some souvenir items at the gift shop.














The second half of the day, I visited Tokyo's Midtown shopping center and made one more trip to Harajuku.  At the time, I was really liking the Uniqlo tees, so I purchased a few of different colors.  The rest of the early to late evening was spent on packing and getting ready for my return flight.



No comments: