Friday, July 21, 2023

Japan 2023 Day 11 Ueno Park and National Museum


Day 11 Departure Day.  I went for one final run for this trip around the Asakasa.  I paid a bit extra for a slightly delayed check out time of 12pm.  This allowed me to explore Ueno Park.  I shopped for a breakfast at The Biz supermarket and enjoyed a relaxing brunch by the pond at Ueno.  There, I saw that the Tokyo National Museum is not far.  I had time to walk there and did a quick exploration tour on just the first floor of one of the main buildings.  It was still fruitful as I participated in the stamping exhibit and made my samurai art piece as a souvenir.















I went to Haneda Airport earlier than needed just for peace of mind.  There, I picked up a Welcome Suica Card as a souvenir, and was able to use the 1000 yen on buying a few milk tea Kit Kat boxes as gifts.  After checking in my bags, I roamed around the Airport Gallery area with a hotel and shops.  There was a simple display of some baseball bats used by Shohei Ohtani.  Back at the airport, I dropped off the WiFi rental.  It took about 30-45 minutes to go through TSA check.  Inside the terminals, I had some more vending machine Onigiris and a sandwich for lunch.  A bit of final shopping at Uniqlo led me to buy a few hooded sweaters that are priced very low.  The 10 hour flight was mostly smooth, I napped a bit and was happy to see my family again for lunch and dinner on Friday night.  Also, I think I stayed up long enough to combat jetlag.  Thank you Japan for a wonderful summer.  I encountered only considerate and helpful Japanese locals.  I could have easily enjoy another two weeks in this beautiful country.  I am eager to go back, maybe as early as next summer!



No comments: