Sunday, July 16, 2023

Japan 2023 Day 6 Nara


Day 6 Sunday July 2nd at Nara.  Squeezed in an early morning workout before heading out for a day trip to Nara.





An express train at 7:42a took me to Nara in about 50 minutes.  It was a very relaxing and pleasant ride through the western country side of Japan.  There were many places where I can see myself stopping at and roam around freely to watch how locals live.  




A city bus takes you from Nara Station to Nara Park.  It is only a couple of miles away, but since it's slightly uphill, taking the bus is a good idea.  It also allows me to get there before more tourists arrive.  




The Todaiji Temple is another main attraction in that area.  Inside is a giant buddha and several other imposing statues.  I also visited the museum that gave a brief Japanese history of the temple.


















Walking back from the Nara Park to Nara Station is a nice downhill stroll.  I past by the Higashimuki Shopping Street where more shops and restaurants are located.





Back in Osaka, I tried the CoCo Curry House and it was delicious.



Later that day, I stopped by the Osaka Station again to check out the transportation complex and it's layers of shops and restaurants.








Tsuyu-no-Tenjinja Shrine (Ohatsu Tenjin) 







I spent over an hour watching people play arcade, pachinko machines, and clawing machines at Namco Umeda.



Like many other major stations, Osaka Station has an extensive food court selling take-out sushi boxes to high-end cakes and pastries.




No comments: