Sunday, June 18, 2017

Day 8 - Departure Day

Special limited-edition button. Thanks, Thomas.
On a relatively cool and dry morning, I went out to grind through a slow 10-miler in a hilly area. I went north to the river walk for a 5-mile loop, then I ran south to the World War I Memorial for a second 5-mile loop. As I walked to cool down, I ran into Tim and we decided to get breakfast at the farmers market. We each had a crepe with loads of nutella and bananas, he also shared with me a beignet. I rehydrated with a mange peach smoothie as well. We walked around the farmer market briefly and took the KC Streetcar back to the hotel. 

After Tim boarded the bus, I checked my carry-on suitcase at the lobby and watched Wonder Woman at the Alamo Drafthouse Theater. I had Protein House for lunch and got a couple more postcards at Raygun before retrieving my suitcase and Ubering to the airport.

It was a long returning trip with minor delays and crying babies on planes. But I enjoyed my second year in Kansas City as much as I did a year ago. My friends Tim and Daryl and I explored more of the city. We didn't have the stress of preparing for the acorn skit. Overall, it was a week spent with great people as we combined our efforts to successfully score over 1.3 million questions.


KC humble brag #1
KC humble brag #2
KC humble brag #3
(AP Reading, Kansas City)

No comments: