Saturday, June 10, 2017

Arrival Day - Kansas City 2017

This badge must be wore at all times inside the Convention Center.
This is my second year reading AP Statistics exams for the College Board. I'm to read and score Free-Response Questions 1 and 4. Two good friends (Tim and Daryl) and I have messaged each other during this past week and we are looking forward to this year's reading. We had a great experience last year. It's a long travel day for me. I had to leave Chino Hills before 6am and did not arrive to Kansas City until after 7pm. The long trip was worthwhile as we all arrived safely. I hung out with Tim and Daryl at the Yardhouse in downtown Kansas City for dinner. Great to see these guys again.

Thanks again to the leaders for the fun stickers for our badge. 
Our room scored a question relating the length and weight of wolves (paw sticker). The other question we scored was on boxplots of three chemicals (elements sticker). As was the case over the years, the reading week included Flag Day. This year's button was also at our tables as we arrived on the first day of scoring.


A rare moment when this table in the social lounge wasn't used. 
This year, Tim and I were roommates at the Marriott Muehlebach, making it easy to visit the AP Stats Social Lounge in the lobby throughout the week.

(AP Reading, Kansas City)

No comments: