Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Day 4 - Dine-Out / MLS Game Night

This year's gift from the College Board
Today is our median day. A group of six of us ran southward to the Union Station and a quick loop around the World War I Memorial Park. On our way back, it rained heavily. Tim and I used the tunnel from the hotel to the Convention Center. My partner Karen and I graded Question #4 from 8am-5pm. I'm able to stay engaged throughout the long day since I'm in a room full of fun and amazing statistics teachers. Our conversations over the details of the question are thoughtful and they provide great learning experiences. Jim, Erin, and I joked and poked fun at each other every so often to break the monotony.

At the end of the day, I was joined by Daryl, Richard, and Claire as we Ubered to watch Kansas City Sporting vs Minnesota United play at the US Open Cup at the Children's Mercy Park. It's a beautiful stadium that is only a few years old. The home team won 4-0. Kansas City is filled with great people. The evening is a little warm and humid, but we all had a wonderful time. We extended our conversation as we waited for our Uber on our return trip.


Inside an exclusive all-you-can-eat/drink area at the Children's Mercy Park
Home team won 4-0
(AP Reading, Kansas City)

No comments: