Friday, June 16, 2017

Day 6 - Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art

Kansas City collectibles.
I ran with Nick (a computer science principle reader) and other morning runners to the river for a solid 5 miler. Tim, Daryl, and I are understandably somewhat drained mentally from this week's scoring. Today was my third day of grading question 4. On my walk to lunch, I caught up with my table leader Jennifer from 2016. I thanked her for being the an inspiration for me to improve as a classroom instructor. I also attended a debriefing of Q2 during lunch. By the end of the day, we enjoyed our dinner at the cafeteria and took a break at the hotel. Daryl enjoyed a presentation at Professional Night. Tim and I visited the The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. I've been wanting to go see the badminton shuttle sculptures as they were a part of the main attractions. Unofficially, the shuttles are symbols of Kansas City. We weren't much in the mood for the arts galleries inside, but appreciated the building nonetheless.

We Ubered our way back to the Union Station, our driver played some interesting music of choice and warned us to not stay at the WWI Memorial past 10pm.  As we approached the Street Car Station, Thomas gave me the "Finding Normal" button! It was a complete surprise. I've been wanting the button since I first saw it. It was a limited edition button. Thomas won the Fun Run drawing and got an extra one the next day. We chatted briefly the day before and he remembered to save it for me. I feel so lucky. Tim and I walked back to the supermarket and our hotel. At the social lounge, I chatted briefly with Daryl and Sam as they shared their experiences at the Professional Night presentation.


Birdie # 1 of 4
Birdie # 2 of 4
Birdie # 3 of 4
Birdie #4 of 4
Tim and I exploring a different side of Kansas City
The museum staff was preparing for a special evening event
(AP Reading, Kansas City)

No comments: