Thursday, June 15, 2017

Day 5 - Prediction Fun Run

This year's Fun Run shirt
It was our second full day of grading Question #4. I also attended Tabor's Question #6 briefing during lunch. Most of us skipped dinner since it was the Fun Run at 7pm. Tim and I walked to the River Walk by the Missouri River as warm up. In a normal distribution, about 95% of the data fall between 1.96 standard deviation below and above the mean.

Erica is amazing, she spearheaded this Fun Run and organized all the necessary details to ensure that we had fun. It was a blast. A time of 13:01 was my ambitious prediction on a hot 90+ degree day with humidity. (I later found out that 13:18 was my official time. I under-performed by 17 seconds.) Since we modified the race last year because of extreme heat, this was a new experience for year one and year two readers.

On this evening, we're lucky that there was an overcast with a nice breeze. The shade bought the temperature down to the 80s to the lower 90s and the humidity more bearable. I thought I had came in 6th. Volunteer Gina told me that I had finished 9th. I read the finisher's card upside-down. That tells you how coherent I was at the end of the hard run.

Tim and I ventured to the Power and Lights District and walked by a country music concert with a solid crowd. We decided to have a burger at BUGR for dinner. It rained a little with heavy wind on our way back.


Tim and I on the right, Daryl on the left.
(AP Reading, Kansas City)

No comments: