Monday, June 12, 2017

Day 2 - Best Practice Night

Year Two
I started the morning with a morning run with a group at 5:45am at the Crown Hotel. I ran with Karen who teaches at a small school of about 250 students from the New England area. It was a full day of scoring Question #1. In all, I've scored about 320 by the end of the day (and close to 1800 for the week). Tim, Daryl, and I joined many other AP Stats teachers for Best Practice Night. We enjoyed listening to 16 teachers present some of their best practices. The two that I can see myself implementing are 1) the number of letters in your name and the Scrabble point value of your name correlation and 2) the rigged card distribution activity. The presentation ended around 8:50pm. The group headed back to the Marriott Muehlebach Social Lounge and just hung out and watch game 5 of the NBA finals.


Kansas City Convention Center
The four iconic Sky Stations that support steel cables
Kaufman Center for the Performing Arts
(AP Reading, Kansas City)

No comments: