Saturday, November 15, 2008

Geometry Honor's T-Shirts


It's my fourth year as a teacher, and I'm blessed with my first honor's class. It's a good group of 18 students. I've always liked the idea of having class shirts, but funding and timing never worked out in the past. The honor's class this year provides a good opportunity for me to design, print, and give shirts to this selected group. I developed a few ideas. When I shared them with the students, they provided feedbacks and I would re-work on the design. Though I ultimately designed the shirt, I consider it a process which involved the students. I am proud of the shirt. My students seemed to like them a lot when I gave them out yesterday. When I wore it on the first day, I received several positive remarks. 

Despite a sub-average week in the classroom, I am proud that I am trying to stay positive in the profession by giving to the students. The students said that they'd wear the shirt on Wednesday. My goal for the shirts is to promote a sense of belongingness to academic excellence. The Chinese characters on the back translate to "Honor's Math Student". For now, the shirts are not for sale. They are exclusive to my honor's kids and the staff on campus who have supported my mission. 

A special thanks to my friends Justine and Tan for helping me with the digital files.

No comments: