Wednesday, June 26, 2019

AP Reading 2019 - Day Six (Best Practice Night)


(From Day Six: 6/16/2019  Best Practice Night)
I ran across the state line this morning, briefly did an out and back into the state of Kansas.  We continued to read FRQ #3.  Since my running shoes were wet from yesterday's rainy fun run, I wore my sandals to the convention center.  During the morning break, I noticed that one of the sandals was starting to break.  Sure enough, it was falling apart just before lunch.  I tried to fix it in the convention center, but with no success.  I returned to the hotel to put my running shoes back on for the remainder of the day.  Luckily, the shoes were dry enough.  The finishing times for the fun run were posted and I ran a 13:44, not too far off from my 13:57 prediction.  Best Practice Night was again a great event where I hung out with Tim and Daryl, we learned what other teachers are doing in their classrooms.


In my first year, I almost ran across the state line to Kansas. This morning, I tried again and was happy to see that I completed my inter-state run.

No comments: