Thursday, June 20, 2019

AP Reading 2019 - Arrival Day (Year Four)


(From Year Four Arrival Day: 6/10/2019)
I flew from ONT to PHX to MCI - Both flights were on time and I landed in MCI in KC by 5:30pm.  In between flights, I continued to read the book Naked Statistics and will strive to finish Burn Math Class by the end of this summer.  I met Tim on the bus on our way to downtown.  We're staying at the Crown Plaza for a second consecutive year.  This hotel just went through renovation, the room looks new and clean. Before we got our room, we walked to the convention center for our credentials and obligatory AP water bottle. During my first year, I stayed at the Hilton President with roommate Thomas.  I started rooming with Tim in our second year, which was at the Marriott.  Daryl, Tim, and I ate BBQ at County Road Ice House. We hung out at the Social Lounge in the Muehlebach and watched Game 5 of the NBA Finals.  It's great to get with my two good friends again for this summer's AP Reading. For the first two days, I wasn't feeling great physically. It may have been due to fatigue from the long academic year along with the travelling. Fortunately, I felt better each day.

No comments: