Tuesday, June 25, 2019

AP Reading 2019 - Day Five (Fun Run)


(From Day Five: 6/15/2019  Fun Run)
I slept in a bit since the Fun Run was scheduled later this day. I continued to score FRQ #3 with table partner Brigid and elbow partner Ayron. I've learning a lot of eastern slangs from them. Brigit is keeping track and tallies the number of sneezes she hears each day, she says it keeps her alert. I, in turn, erase her tally marks any chance I get. I have erased two during the day and she has not caught on. Just before leaving for the night, I erased 15 more (essentially an entire row). Daryl, Tim, and I walked to the river starting around 6:20p. At 6:55p, it started to pour heavy rain. We basically ran in heavy rain for 12 minutes. I initially predicted 14:41 for a 1.96 miler, just before the run, I switched to 13:57. The rain made for an unforgettable experience. Luckily, the temperature stayed low. I'm happy with my effort, pushed when I could and try to maintain a honest pace the entire course.  I think I finished 9th overall.  The results later showed that I ran 13:44 (pretty close to a 7 min/mile pace). I helped clean up for a bit, helping Erica bring her materials back to her room. Tim and I stopped by the social lounge to eat our snacks, we endured another period of heavy rain walking back from Consentino's.


View from above, I'm standing by the tent, moments before the pouring rain/hail.



Thank you, Sharon and Bridget, for the photos and video!

Starting line: Tim and I are in the photo!

My real-time finishing kick. =)

No comments: