Thursday, July 27, 2017

Seattle Day One - July 27, 2017


I enjoyed a wonderful vacation in Seattle. The main goals were to visit old friends, to site see, and to support my running friends at the Jack & Jill Half/Full Marathon in Northbend, WA.

 

On my first day in Seattle, shortly after checking into my smelly Motel 6, I went for a short run around the memorial park across the street. Later, I took the Link train to Pike Place Market. I loved it and it would be a place that I visit several more times that week.


This China Town Station had neat origami themed displays. Overall, public transportation in Seattle was very convenient, inexpensive, and clean.


From Kings Station, I took the Sounder Train to Mukilteo. The train ride from downtown to Mukilteo went along the Seattle coastline and provided a great ocean view for about 45 minutes. It was great seeing my friends Daisy and Garth with their beautiful daughters. We had a relaxing dinner at Mukilteo as we watched commuters board the local ferries at the adjacent terminal. In all, it was a great first day for me in Seattle.

No comments: