Wednesday, July 12, 2017

AP Stats 2017 Results


We had much success on this year's AP Stats exams! The released national pass rate is around 50% this year while I have two-thirds of my students passed. Also we had three students earning the highest score of a 5. I am proud of my students' performance, they are intelligent and applied their critical thinking skills on this year's challenging questions. 

This was my seventh year teaching the course. I had always sought to improve as an educator. Although the exam pass rate is not the only goal, it is an objective measurement. I attribute a large part of this year's success to my AP exam reading experience last summer. The professional development that I gained as an AP reader helped my instructions tremendously. I strive to keep up with the rigor of this course and at the same time provide the students with a valuable experience in learning statistics.

No comments: