Saturday, July 22, 2017

Reconnect with My First Dept. Chair

One cool finisher's "medal".

I have been very active over the last few summers. Aside from a few professional development opportunities, I take advantage of my time off to train as a runner and as a weekend athlete to the best of my physical abilities. This past Friday, I entered a 12K trail race in Pasadena. Just moments from the start, Mr. Mulfinger saw me. He was the department chair and mentor teacher during my first year as a teacher in Pasadena in 2004-05. We have kept in touch a few times over the years, but really haven't seen each other much. Mr. Mulfinger only just retired this past June. He looked great and ran an amazing race on a warm afternoon. I was very happy to be able to catch up with him. At the finish line of the race, we continued our chat over our passions of math, statistics, and education. We both strive to keep running trails and enjoying this sport.

Pre-Race silly photo.

No comments: