Saturday, March 26, 2011

My 5th Period


I've been blessed with a great fifth period this year. I thank Mr. Dolter again for playing along with the kids. He called me to his room for a quick chat while the kids set up after lunch. My TA Maria, former student Marilynn, and the Twins Maria and Paula made this cake. They surprised me upon my return with this:



They cooked, from scratch, a traditional Mexican meal for me. Later, they told me that they thought about cooking a Chinese meal. That would have been interesting.



No joke - the horchata I had today, also made from scratch, was the best ever.


Paula and Maria showed their leadership skills. I joked with my colleagues that if my students show as much effort in solving equations as they do in partying, we'd be kicking ass in math.



One of my favorites - a giant size avatar of my bald head. I'll find space on my wall to display this.




Another pair of girls made me this cake. One of the girls just recently transferred to my class from Covina. The other was a former student who now collects attendance from me each day. I'm in disbelieve that they would make me a cake.

Elida made me a neat bracelet. We didn't sell many of these at Sadies. But I must admit, having several hundred students sing "Happy Birthday" to me tonight was pretty awesome. It'll go down as one of the highlights in my GHS days. I really appreciate all that I have.

No comments: