Sunday, March 20, 2011

CUE 2011 Recap


As a first time attendee to the CUE conference, I didn't plan my sessions schedule. Upon arriving the Palm Springs Convention Center, the friendly staff helped me check in. I attended the following sessions. Any double listing would be cases where I hopped out of the first session and hopped into the second session.

8:00 am "Moodle Your Class(es)"
8:00 am "Educator 2.0: New Opportunities Because of the Web"
9:00 am "A Useful Free App Every 30 Seconds, 2011 Edition"
9:30 am "K12HSN: For You, By You, Free for You"
12:30 pm "What's New and Free for Enrichment and Fun in Math"
12:30 pm "Google Apps Will Make You Happy (Or At Least Productive)"
2:00 pm "Getting Geeky with Google Apps"
3:15 pm "Closing Keynote - The Best Closing Keynote Ever!"*
*That's the title in the program.

Today, I saw a lot of attendees with Apple computers and iPads. To my surprised, the crowd was a bit older than I had expected. I also realized that as a member of the audience, I have a very short attention span. I don't need an hour for an introduction to a web tool. The exhibition hall looked great, but of course it was filled with lots of commercialized products. I got a "free" conference t-shirt. Overall, I found this conference to be just slightly above average. This sessions were mostly generalized introductions to web tools. Nonetheless, it was nice to get out of town for a bit and to develop professionally.

No comments: