Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day Three: Part Two


I continued to learn a lot on our last day together in Temecula. Our awesome coach John guided us through more activities. At the conclusion of our small group meeting, John gave us many gifts (story of starfish, our certifications, and more learning materials). I invited everyone to take a group photo. When everyone agreed, I realized that my camera was in my car by the lobby! I decided to sprint my way up hill to get the camera. Go Big! I'm glad the group was still there when I returned. There were so many great ideas from today and yesterday:
  • Be audacious.
  • You're not doing it alone.
  • Say a little, play a lot.
  • Trust it (the Link methods).
  • Make things happen.
  • Teach kindness.
  • Give power and skills to your leaders.
  • Believe in your leaders.
  • Everyone can read a map, but people relate to stories.
  • Create "How come we didn't get this?" moments (so that kids want more).
  • It's not about being the best. It's about being your best self.
  • Practice.
  • Be responsible for your own learning.
  • Lazy people don't change the world.
  • Carolyn's Mission: Change the world.

No comments: