Sunday, March 1, 2009

Responsibility


I now suddenly have a sense of responsibility that I didn't feel I had just a week ago. I feel a need to uphold a new level of standard, one set by the elite veteran teachers. This goes to show how amateur I still am, I should hold myself to the highest level of professionalism at all times. It's still all a learning process. After school this past Friday, I spoke separately with the Math and English department chair, both former Teachers of the Year and well-respected professionals within the district. I learned how much further and more challenging the upcoming path can be. Surviving the challenges of a new teacher is one thing, achieving longevity (with excellence) will be the next step. Approximately half of all teachers, as good as they may be, leave the profession within their first three years. Will I pass this test? 

These logos are used to engage my students - I do not profit from these designs.

No comments: