Monday, March 9, 2009

Passion


Joanne, who is one of our wonderful office staff, walked by my room this gloomy Monday morning as she usually does each day. This time, however, she came in with tears in her eyes and just gave me a big loving hug. She said that this past Friday was just a Black Friday. We both knew exactly what was going on. We'll miss each other if and when I do indeed go. She mentioned that there are two teachers who shouldn't go and I was one of them, I didn't ask her who the other one was ... maybe I will when I have the chance. She told me that I was the best. I was a bit shocked when she told me how highly she thinks of me. It made my day! We had always been friendly, but I never expected her to think much of me. I saw her genuinely mixed emotions. In that moment, she showed more passion and spirit toward our school than I've seen in anyone else. Despite never having taught in the classroom, Joanne showed me today that she may well be the most passionate and caring staff on campus. She wants the best for our students. I comforted her and insisted that she go and have a great day. We saw each other briefly during lunch and had a quick laugh and chat. She apologized for her tears in the morning. Joanne - you never have to apologize for having passion for education. We love you, Jo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wahhhhhhhh that's sad T_T;

Hope you don't leave Mr. Yip :(