Monday, March 2, 2009

It's official!


During our after school staff meeting Monday, I was presented with the Teacher of the Year honor by our principal. It is a moment that I have been preparing for since about a week ago. He asked how I felt during the moment of the announcement and I simply said that I was shocked but was very excited. After he gave me the certificate, I asked if I could thank a few people. I must admit that I was pretty calm. I thanked everyone for pulling for me, not just with their votes, but for their support during the past two and a half years. I congratulated Mr. Dolter and Ms. Curtis for their recognition. I expressed that there are great teachers at GHS and I strive only to be a part of the culture. Lastly, I thanked the math teachers for the wisdom that they've shared with me.  I name checked Ms. Kwak for her exceptional support as a mentor.

No comments: