Friday, August 9, 2019

RDX - Temporary Wheel Kit


Accessory - Spare Tire Kit 

Some models of the 3rd generation RDX models do not come with a spare tire.  For these models, a repair kit (with air pump and sealant) is included.  I'm comfortable with a spare tire and invested some money on the spare tire kit.  To save money, I installed it myself.  It was not a difficult job, the research took most of my time.  The entire installation took just around an hour.  The most difficult part was the removal of the tight screws on the tie-down hooks on the cargo strips.  The process went smoothly for me.  In fact, this kit was easier to install than the splash guard set.  The kit does not come with a tire, however.  I purchased the tire separately at America's Tires. For $130, America's Tires installed the 155/90-D70 spare tire on the wheel for me.  The purchase will also allow me to receive routine tire rotation for this vehicle.  I think that's a great value.

Hint: The kit's instructions states that the "Tool Box Lid" AND "Spare Tire Plug Cap" should not be reuse, however I found no problem with using them again.  

MSRP $300 (I found it for $266 including S/H at Curry Acura.)


No comments: