Sunday, January 7, 2018

Breakfast Club 2018


During a run, I had an idea to make these party flavors for some friends for the New Year. These are friends who I run with in the morning. We eat breakfast together after each run, so the coffee cups came to mind. It started as a modified logo using basic MS Office applications.


I don't own a color printer so I made a trip to a local Staples. It was quick, simple and relatively inexpensive.


Over the years, I have held Saturday finals review sessions for my AP Statistics students. I would order carafes of coffee that came with these mini cups. These are the extras that I have kept.


Empty cups are no fun, I got some candies and chocolate. I think Leo and Kevin may enjoy them.


Now, I cut the logos.


Then, I taped them onto the cups. I noticed that the standard tapes were too narrow. The 2-inch wide tapes worked much more efficiently.


I stuffed each cup with love (or chocolate, which is the same thing, right Karin?).


Write the names of your running buddies and increase their sugar intake for the day.


Brent calls us "The Breakfast Club".


Here's to another year of more wonderful times with great friends!

No comments: