Saturday, January 20, 2018

ASAP - Mile 58

(A Thank You card from Deonne.)

Our first batch of delivery in 2018 will go to Heritage Group Homes for five teenage girls and one teenage boy. We had previously donated five pairs to Heritage last December. Thank you again to Deonne for helping us gather the children's shoe sizes. I strive to make the delivery by early next week. I remember that I purchased our first batch of shoes on the same rainy afternoon of the Pasadena Half Marathon last January. I will run this race again on Sunday. That makes this weekend the first anniversary of the project's first purchase. I am happy and proud to deliver again this week.

Thanks again to many donors, I stocked up on some clearance shoes of different sizes over the holiday season. Avid runners may know that 361 Degrees is a new brand of running shoes. Their sale representatives tell the story of the designers of this company having previously worked for Asics. The quality of these 361 Degrees shoes appear to be excellent, I also love the colors and was happy to have found great deals for these shoes over the winter break. Here are some of the shoes that we will be donating this year. At the moment, they are stored in my classroom. I'll post more pictures once the donation is finalized. More to follow.


No comments: