Saturday, November 25, 2023

Retro Gaming - Arcade1Up Countercade


My Thanksgiving purchased is this countertop retro arcade.  It has an 8-inch display, dual joysticks with 6-button setup.  The video and audio qualities are impressive for such a small gadget.  At just around 16-inches wide, I was able to justify giving this machine a try.  There are other 3/4 scale and full size cabinets, but those are out of the question due to space limitations.  This system comes with four games.  Yet the retro gaming community has developed a mod to allow it to play other retro arcade games.  I'm having some trouble getting it to work at the moment, will continue to tinker with it over the next few days as a hobby.  The MSRP is $149, Amazon sells it at $244, I was able to snatch up a $99 deal via Target.  In the 80's and 90's, playing arcade games was a memorable part of my childhood.  (From 11/20/2023)

No comments: