Saturday, February 11, 2023

Retro Gaming - PlayStation Vita 1000 (Cosmic Red)

New toy: I ordered this used PlayStation Vita 1000 (Cosmic Red) through eBay.  Shipped from Japan, I'm happy with it's condition.  First released in Japan in 2011, this model has an OLED display.  I continue to learn various ways to hack the original operating systems.  The tinkering of the console itself has provided me more fun than the games themselves.  Retro gaming handhelds and system modifications have been an interesting hobby for me since the summer of 2020.  I just ordered a second Vita (a 2000 model) and plan to work on connecting these units to a controller as well as to a monitor.  In short, this would be a Sony "Switch" that plays PS1, PSP, and PS Vita games.  (From January 2023)






No comments: