Saturday, March 18, 2017

ASAP - Mile 26.2


Good luck to all LA Marathon runners this Sunday. It will be my first time running it. Even with a minor injury and flu, I'm looking forward to the race.

I saw the sign above while driving southbound on Freeway 55. I was so moved by it, that on my way back, I took a detour to find an off-ramp so that I can take a picture of it. Thank you to all of the donors and supporters of this small shoe charity project. It is still small, but we have donated many more pairs in just three months than I had envisioned at the beginning. Because of your generosity, 21 homeless/foster children received a new pair of properly fitted running shoes. It is a privilege to run and to enter races as a hobby. For runners who take the sport more seriously and have had the chance to earn a podium finish or to place in an age-group award in races, it's a wonderful and humbling experience. I hope this project can spread this joy to those less fortunate. We are starting small, and will likely remain small. Yet it's already been a tremendous honor to give and in a small way, to make the world a better place.

No comments: