Tuesday, March 14, 2017

ASAP - Mile 26


Happy Pi Day and A Shoe Adoption Project Update: Serendipity! Just in time for LA Marathon weekend, I received intel this morning from an Upland homeless shelter for shoe sizes of seven more children. This is our fifth batch of donation (Corral #5), and it's our biggest donation to date! I went to purchase the shoes shortly after work. As always, I thank all of the donors and supporters who have made this possible. Five boys and two girls will receive new shoes by the end of the week thanks to their generosity. This Corral includes the project's youngest recipient so far, a six-year-old boy. 

It is my mission to use 100% of any donations received directly to the children. This project's vision is to promote physical and emotional well-being through spreading the joy of running to those less fortunate. A special thanks to my brother Randy. Him and I were both very sick but wanted to stay up late to gift wrap these shoes so that I can deliver them ASAP. More to follow.





No comments: