Wednesday, March 1, 2017

ASAP - Mile 25


A Shoe Adoption Project Update: I delivered two more pairs of shoes to a homeless shelter on Tuesday afternoon. Thanks to Director Kami and the staff at Inland Valley Hope Partners for their work. They offered me a tour of the shelter facilities. But due to timing and out of respect for the residents' privacy, we agreed to do it next time. Again, on behalf of the children who have received new shoes, thank you to the generous donors of this project. The truth is, if I were to 'run' this project completely on my own, I would not have been able to deliver anywhere near 14 pairs within the first two months of 2017. I am reminded of an African proverb. "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." I want to go far, fast.

New Balance WX608 for a 14-year-old girl.

Fila Finity for a 7-year-old boy.

No comments: