Friday, February 4, 2011

Moving Forward

Yesterday was Chinese New Year - Year of Rabbit. As I reflect on my previous year, I constantly think of the setback that I experienced. But I'm also careful that I don't let it affect me to the best of my ability. To stay positive and keep myself on track, I focus on what I've accomplish this past year despite the experiences that have affected me negatively. This is not a show-off list, but are tasks that I'm proud to have completed:

- I finished coaching a season of badminton.
- I completed a series of Link Crew training.
- I was a part of the team that led this year's Link Crew orientation.
- I taught summer school for the second time.
- I completed my fifth year as a high school teacher.
- I completed a series of AP Stats training.
- I completed a course on using the newest TI calculators.
- I wrote the AP syllabus for the school's inaugural AP Statistics class.
- I completed my master degree.
- I took advantage of many professional development opportunities.
- I completed the first half of my AP Stats program.
- I presented at the 2011 Parent University.
- I became a home owner.

I don't have everything and I don't think I'm as happy as I was a year ago, or two years ago. I might even have lost some of my passion for what I do. But I believe that I've done and said all the right things. All I can give is my best effort. Others can judge me and treat me however they want. I've care so much that I really don't care anymore.

No comments: