Saturday, April 4, 2009

Badminton


Friday afternoons are precious to teachers. As much as I love teaching, the end of sixth period on Fridays means time to breath and restore. Often times, I stop by the fields to watch my students play sports. Today, I went to the gym to watch several of my students play badminton. Naturally, one of the kids challenged me. I picked up a racket and realized how rusty I was in a sport that I played competitively for over five years. My eye-hand coordination was off, my legs weren't as responsive as they were 15 years ago. Nonetheless, it was the most fun I've had playing sports in a long time. I had all along thought I was done with badminton, that I no longer like it anymore. With just about half an hour of hitting with my student, I found my love for the game once again.

BTW, I beat him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahha oh niceeee Mr.Yip :P
Sounds like you had a WHOLE lot of fun :D