Saturday, November 13, 2021

Pawsitivity Award #13


From Mr. Eichen...

Hi Everyone, since we don’t have school tomorrow, I will be passing this on today.
 
To say that I was surprised by this would be an understatement of Tolkien proportions.  I really appreciate what Mayer said and that made me think a lot about the people who grind every day, often times against the odds.  And with that in mind, I am going to pass this week’s PAWSitivity Award to another Chris, Chris Waters.
 
Why Waters, you ask?  First of all, he always puts me in a good mood when I see him.  Simple, right?  But, consider this: Waters teaches a semester long class that nearly every freshman takes, which means the vast majority of the campus has taken his class.  Take a short walk around the quad with him and you will be amazed at how many kids say hi to him – from all grade levels.  And, the kids are always talking in my class about what they learned in his class.  Further, Waters has taken on the job of running Link Crew these last two years, which during normal circumstances is hard enough.  Training 75 Link Leaders to corral 450 freshman is not easy, especially within the confines of 5th period once per week.  Add pandemic brain to it, and the job is nearly impossible.  But, Waters does it with a smile that always makes those around him smile.  His impact on campus is quiet, but tremendous, and that is why he deserves this recognition.
 
So, Chris Waters, as Mayer said to me: revel in the glory this award brings with it.
 
Paul

No comments: