Saturday, February 3, 2018

ASAP - Mile 61 (Track Spikes)


A Shoe Adoption Update - We are donating our first pair of track spikes! My school's Foster Youth Liaison, Ms. Williams, informed me about one of our students. He has been under the foster care system since his 7th grade year and is now joining the high school track team. I checked the Ontario Mills Nike Store but they didn't carry any track spikes. However, I was able to place an online order for a pair of these Nike Zoom Rival XC for a great price later that evening. I was never on the track team and have never wore spikes. I hope they will help this student to a successful track season. I've been told that track flats/spikes help a lot. Thank you to all of the donors, supporters, and friends of this shoe charity. We are working on the next batch of shoes which can also scheduled to be delivered next week. More to follow soon. -Ricky





[Revision/Update on 2/5/2018: Full disclosure, the student returned these spikes to Ms. Williams today. These are not the spikes that he needed for his events, but he warmly thanked me in person after school. I offered him a pair of 361 Degrees Marshal instead. I will post another update if there are any changes.]




No comments: