Saturday, March 28, 2015

Track Meet


I participated in our first league meet of the season on Thursday (3/26/15) by helping with the high jump event.  Aside from my own mid- to long-distance running, I have no experience in track meets.  Luckily, I had an injured student-athlete Natalie's help throughout the afternoon.  Natalie will be ready to compete again in a few weeks.  One of our Bonita athletes won the boys high jump and set a new personal record by clearing the six foot bar!  Congratulations.

There's an interesting connection: Natalie's mom Betsy and I worked together multiple times years ago.  We were presenters for parents at my former school districts' annual Parent University seminars.  Betsy would talk about her daughter during the seminars, and thus I have actually heard about Natalie for years.  Both Betsy and I have since left that district and have not stay in touch.  During Back to School Night at the beginning of this year, Betsy saw my name on a flyer and stopped by my room.  I was surprised by her visit, and it was finally neat to meet Natalie.  

No comments: