Friday, March 6, 2015

Battle of the Bands


(Our teacher band - In Danger of Failing)

Mr. Mullen, our school's respected AP World History teacher and on the trumpet above, has been an awesome and welcoming teacher friend to me.  He included me in several campus events, including a trip with the hiking club to Mt. Baldy.  He has help me transition to my new setting.  Since he is a member of a the teacher band, he invited me to be a guest judge at our school's annual Battle of the Bands.  I was thrilled to be one of three judges.  Seven student bands performed.  They were all truly outstanding.  Each group had 15 minutes to perform their set.  They played either original or cover music.  The talent and enthusiasm was off the charts.  Congratulations to the third place winner Clovers, second place winner Moon Sanction, and first place winner Alder's Gate.  To close the show, the teacher band "In Danger of Failing" performed and they totally rocked!  They were amazing and I can't wait to watch them perform again soon.  (They will perform at the Bonita Car Show on 3/21/15 at the campus parking lot.)

No comments: