Sunday, October 17, 2010

Studying


On two separate occasions on Friday, I chatted with two staff members (one administrator and one groundskeeper) at school who expressed their concerns for their respective 15-year-old son's academic progress. From what I know of these two guys, my guess is that they are both great fathers, so I asked them why that is the case. Each agreed that the variable is laziness. I asked them both what they did as parents to address that, they both admitted that they got angry with their sons, and had a serious talk with them.

Last week, a counselor said that a lot of students don't know how to study. I didn't say anything at the time, but I think we shouldn't equate not studying with not knowing how to study. Ultimately, I think effort goes a long way. We are each responsible for our own efforts and motivation.

(image from Lulu Blog)

No comments: