Thursday, April 22, 2010

Looking forward


Though the completion of my thesis is progressing slowly, and my work load is at an all-time high, I remain optimistic. Coming up in May, I will attend a LINK CREW training in Temecula. LINK CREW is a high school transition program that increases freshmen success. It will be an fantastic four-day leadership development. I have heard many good things about this training. I thank Mr. Perdomo, my school's assistant principle of activities, for his selection. I am very honored. And frankly, it'll be good for me to go away for a few days.

More importantly, towards the end of summer, I will attend another four-day advanced placement institute for Statistics in Palos Verdes Peninsula. I thank Mrs. Gayton, my school's assistant principle of curriculum, for this opportunity. An AP Stats teacher told me that the institute is a critical part of developing a strong program. It is happening much sooner than I hoped, my goal and dream of teaching statistics is slowly becoming a reality.

No comments: