Wednesday, August 22, 2007

August 20, 2007 California ScienCenter


I visited the California Science Center <http://www.californiasciencecenter.org/> in Los Angeles. This museum is free with exhibits that are mostly for kids. But my purpose was to visited the adjacent IMAX theater. For under $10 USD, I saw two short science films. Now this IMAX (I-MAX for maximum image) is special for the screen is 7 floors tall and 90 feet wide, with quality audio. The first show I saw was about Dinosaurs!


This showing was extra special since it is presented in a 3-D format, audiences used 3-D glasses. Though the history and science may be a bit academic, it was still very entertaining, computer generated dinosaurs seemed to be inches away from my nose. The second showing was about bicycling in the Tour de France race.


It talked about the brain's role in competition. I particularly enjoyed the scenes of the French mountains and towns. It was a great experience. I may go back to watch their other show about the ocean. You may view trailers available at the website.


No comments: