Saturday, September 16, 2023

Trek Mountain Bike - Fuel EX 9.8 XT (Gen 5)

I have owned my previous Trek mountain bike since 2009.  My friends have kept encouraging me to upgrade.  For a number of reasons, I made the purchase on Labor Day.  Near the end of my masters program at APU, I used getting a new bike as motivation to finish the degree.  I wanted to get another Trek, the new generation (Gen 6) came out.  While the new model may perform better, I like the Gen 5 frame more since it doesn't have an extra bracket under seat post.  Additionally, a base model for the Gen 6 is only slightly cheaper than the high end model for the Gen 5.  At Jax Bicycles in Fullerton, I found the best deal.  It was less than half of the MSRP, and a thousand dollars below what the Jax at Claremont was charging.  The guys at the Fullerton location were awesome as well.  Looking forward to riding this as much as I can.  From 9/4/23

Trek's 2022 Fuel EX 9.8 XT (Medium) Gen 5
Purchased from Jax Fullerton in 2023
Trek's 2014 Madone 3.1 (54.3 cm H2)
Purchased from Helen's Cycle Arcadia in 2014

Trek's 2008 Series 6 (17.5" / 44.5cm)
Purchased from Covina Valley Cyclery in 2008

Huffy Backwater ($60)
Purchased from K-Mart in 1997

No comments: