Thursday, November 26, 2020

ASAP - Mile 112 (Christmas 2020 Adopt a Family)

A Shoe Adoption Project Update:  I am donating three pairs of shoes to children in need.  Kathy (Size 2) is 12 years-old, Kimberly (Size 3) is 10 years-old, and Richard (Size 5.5) is 12 years-old.  Below is the message from my good friends Carolyn and Ty who help organize this year's Adopt a Family efforts.  The shoes were ordered on Sunday 11/22/2020 and delivered CC on 11/25/2020.  To keep everyone safe, I had them shipped directly to CC and Ty.  (From 11/25/2020)



Boys Grade School UA Pursuit (Blue)
Size 5.5 for Richard

Pre-School UA Pursuit BP AC Running (Pink/Gray)
Size 3 for Kimberly and Size 2 for Kathy

Hello Friends, 

We hope Everyone is doing well. Although 2020 has affected all of us in one way or another we still feel like we’re blessed and want to help out a family in need this Christmas.  

This year we have adopted the Gomez family.  

Sometimes a family just touches your heart so much you don’t think twice about helping.  We know they would never ask for assistance however we knew they were the ideal family this year.  Ive known her for approximately 14 years she’s a hardworking mom and this family is barely making ends meet. She recently, unexpectedly, lost her husband. She’s a young widow and has 3 children Kathy age 8, Kimberly age 10 and Richard age 12. I have never met her children but I spoke to them for the first time today they are the sweetest, most polite kids. I could  hear the gratitude in their  voice and words. It made me teary eyed.  With the loss of her husband and his income they would not have a holiday without us. Estella’s words to me yesterday were “I’m so sad my life will never be the same” 

I’m asking each of you to consider helping out with this family.  

Attached is their Christmas list. I will be taking donations up until December 20th. I am happy to come and pick them up from you too. They do not need to be wrapped however if you choose to wrap just attach the name to the gift. I know it’s a busy time for everyone I’m also happy to do the shopping for you. I’ll take donations through Venmo and Zelle. 

Thank you in advance for helping  to make the Gomez family a special one during their difficult times. 

Love, 

Tyrone and Carolyn

As in previous years, if you are interested in helping, please contact Carolyn.  <cchapparo@yahoo.com>


No comments: