Friday, February 7, 2020

A Meeting After 24 Years


Mr. Kilmer was my high school math teacher.  He was simply my favorite teacher at West Covina High School.  I had him for summer Geometry after my freshman year, I remember him recommending me to enroll into Algebra 2 Honors.  I was lucky enough to have him again in Pre-Calculus honors in my junior year (1995-1996).  Throughout my path to as a high school teacher, I have thought about Mr. Kilmer and his professional teaching methods countless number of times.  I got a chance to briefly speak to him at a life celebration event for the passing of a coach.  I thanked Mr. Kilmer and told him that I'm now a math teacher.  It was truly an emotional moment for me.  I learned that he has been enjoying retirement since 2000 after teacher for 36 years.  Thank you Mr. Kilmer.  (From 1/25/2020)

No comments: