Tuesday, May 23, 2017

ASAP - Mile 28


A Shoe Adoption Project Update: These three pairs of soccer cleats will be donated to a local church group who is trying to start a grass root soccer league for kids who may not be able to afford to play for a club. I wasn't able to get specific shoe sizes, but I have gift receipts. Growing up in a simple and modest happy home, I had all of the basic needs. Yet it wasn't until high school when I was able to participate in organized sports supported by the public school system. I am very grateful for my high school athletics experience. 

Now as an educator, I see the benefits of being involved in sports at a young age. It made me somewhat uncomfortable when I recently learned that most of the players who made the school's varsity team are already playing in club teams. As a result, kids from families who can't afford club teams will have a lower chance of making the public school's team. Where else can they play and learn to compete? I know these shoes will go to those in need. With this batch (Corral #6) to be delivered this week, we will have donated 24 pairs of shoes to kids who may be less fortunate. Thank you for all of the friends and supporters of this shoe charity project. I strive to be more proactive in regards to communicating with social workers this summer.

Adidas Goletto VI in Size 5.0 and 5.5.

Adidas Goletto VI in Size 4.0

No comments: