Saturday, August 22, 2015

Foreign Student's Family Photo


Ivy is an exchange student from China.  Throughout the year, I sense that she was in isolation despite a welcoming AP Stats class that embraced her.  She worked very hard, came to Saturday review sessions, and I was willing to help her many times outside of class.  At the end of the year, she told me that she will be attending the University of Michigan after a visit to China.  We were all very happy for her.  She gave me this gift at the end of the year.  Inside the box is a simply bracelet.  I didn't realize how much this photo may mean to her, I really should have given it back to her.  On the back of the photo, she told me that the people in the photo are her grandparents, her, and her cousin when she was a child in China.

No comments: