Thursday, December 18, 2014

Statistics Tree


My AP Statistics student Eric made this personalized Christmas card for me. Eric is an extremely thoughtful and intelligent young man who has recently discovered a passion for the sport of fencing.  The card is a statistics tree with many hidden images. I am appreciative of every bit of its creative detail. The front side has a badminton birdie on top, an ornament  that appears to be a Normal distribution, a boxplot, the character "Yip" in Chinese, a hiking boot, a badminton racket, and the two text books that I use this year.  On the back side is a very touching note. Eric took the time to create, print, cut, and laminate the tree together. When he gave it to me before the final exam today, I thanked him immediately and tried my best to express how grateful I really was for wonderful students like him. Thank you, Eric.  Merry Christmas.

No comments: