Monday, October 27, 2014

Gift to Students from UC Irvine


On rare occasion, I visit my alma mater UC Irvine.  I did so this Monday afternoon, in part to avoid traffic, but mainly just to walk around the campus to see what's new.  I thought it would be a neat idea to get some souvenir for my AP Statistics students.  They are truly some of the best students that I've had the pleasure to work with.  I picked up a few inexpensive UCI items.  Grand prizes were two Anteater notebooks.  Top prizes were UCI's popular "Peace, Love, Recycle" folders.  Since I cannot have losers in my class, I got everyone else novelty pencils.  The pencils included prints of "I  UC Irvine" and a clever "My Lucky Test Pencil".  Since we are on the probability unit, the students had a fun and exciting time with the gifts during our random drawing.  I did this because it's fun for me.  Also, recently I've been inspired by the phrase "relentless generosity".

No comments: